Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Inspiration

Salivador Dali is the artist I chose for this assignment.  He was one of the first artist I was interested in back in high school that got me into painting & drawing.  I admire his talent to paint lifelike portraits & sureal art but how he also would stray from the normal into his own perception of life. Most know his paiting of the melting clocks.
I have drawn & painted this image of the women with the burning giraffe for projects throughout my previous art classes.  Its been good practice.

1 comment:

  1. I few years ago I was able to see this man's work in person, particularly "The Persistence of Memory". I was amazed. The size of the paintings were just as intriguing as the content, 24 cm × 33 cm (9.5 in × 13 in). I swear it was much smaller than this, but considering the content it is still mind-blowing.

    I suggest taking a look at Max Ernst, who was also quite an amazing surrealist artist as well.

    ReplyDelete